Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Flowers






The {only} nice thing about not having a lawn mower {since a certain husband ran into a pole with ours last fall} is that our lawn is COVERED with wild flowers! I love the wild flowers of Texas! We need to be looking for a lawn mower now but I will be sad to see the flowers cut down.































And what would a post be without a photo of the twins!







"Um, Mira? Is that a little mustard on your shirt?"
"Where? Oh here! Yeah, must be left over from my hot dog at lunch."

3 comments:

Aunt Melanie said...

Katie, you need to make a book of photos and captions! And have it published!!! I'm totally serious - I can just see it on the New Release Bestseller stand at Barnes and Noble:) What a beautiful gift that would be for Mother's Day or an expectant mom! XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I love your pictures of Luli tip toeing through the wildflowers. I imagine your mother has told you about Lady Bird Johnson, wife of former President Johnson who decided to throw wildflower seeds all along the roads and highways of Austin and this encouraged other Texans to do the same in their towns and cities. All your rains prepared the soil for a beautiful,colorful spring.

Love you all,
Grandma Betty

Amber L. said...

Great photos Katie! I love the wild flowers. We had some in our backyard at our old house that I loved, and Tommy was always threatening to mow them down. I made him mow around them. Now I would like to spread some more in our new yard, but Tommy is hesitant. He likes a military yard. At least it's green. : )