I don't get to knit as much as I used to these days, and I've pretty much stopped knitting for my etsy shop for the time being. When I do get to knit I like to make things for my girls. Recently I received in the mail this gorgeous silk {hot coral} yarn and I am making it into a sweater for one of the babies. I like to knit baby sweaters all at once instead of attaching the arms later. My mother-in-law taught me how to knit in this way and I love it! I miss sitting down with her in the evenings and knitting, it's one of the things we could do together and not worry about how to talk to each other {since my Albanian was not so good and neither was her English}. And somehow even though we could not communicate so well, she could teach me how to knit. I'm so grateful that I had that opportunity because knitting is now one of my favorite things to do {when I have the time!}
Here's the sweater I'm working on. I start at the neck and work my way down. Maybe I'll try taking photos of my progress to show you all. I don't think I'll have enough yarn to do 2 sweaters for the babies, but maybe I'll be able to get an alternating color, I like dressing them like that too.

2 comments:
Katie,
I'm sure you have heard that we are expecting our 2nd grand daughter at the end of July. Do you think you would be able to find the time to knit one of those sweet little caps and a pair of booties to match? Pink would be a nice color, since this is Brian and Jen's first girl, after 2 sons. I tried to order them from the etsy website, but couldn't get it to work. I'm not too good with some websites on the internet. Anyway, only if you have time - I would be go happy if you could make them to fit 3 to 6 month size. Since she is due at the end of July, I think it will be too warm for that time. But will be wonderful for the fall and winter to come. I realize that you are VERY busy, so don't feel like you have to do this! Thanks, Katie
Didn't mean for the above post to be Anonymous! See what I mean? I'm not too great with this thing!!
Blessings,
Katie
Post a Comment