Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 2 Dressmaking Challenge!

15 dresses total, 3 down, only 12 more to go! Here is the 3rd dress from this fabric, this is Luli's. I made it a little different so big sister could feel a little special. She loves her new dress and I can't wait to get photographs of all three girls in their dresses!










a back view




stay tuned for next friday to see if I can finish the next dress! It'll be with a new fabric and I haven't decided yet to start with one of the twin's dresses or start with Luli's. . .

3 comments:

Aunt Melanie said...

So cute Katie! You will definitely be an expert in 50's kids' clothes by the end of this challenge:) Don't know how you find the time!!

Stephanie said...

i somehow didn't accomplish submitting my last 2 comments, so i will try to remember them! i love the dresses & the fabric. how do you get the measurements to cut the fabric...just measure the girls or their clothes? and where did you find the cute fabric? so glad you have little girls to dress in these cute clothes!

Katie and Oresti said...

Well, I do measure the girls for the width and then I also look at dresses I already have for how much fabric I need, like for the skirt part. And then it all sort of came together, believe me I'm just as shocked at how well they turned out! The fabric is from JoAnn's, I was so excited to find it! I love more old fashioned flower prints. I know, it worked out great that I have all these little girls to practice dressmaking on!