Tuesday, June 08, 2010

the ER

hey friends and family, just to update you on us, we just spent the afternoon and evening in the emergency room yesterday (Monday) because Sofia came down with a very high fever. It spiked up to 106 around 1pm Monday. She looked awful, very red face and body, sweating, and her eyes looked strange. She had had a fever on Sunday, and then was normal Monday morning, but then it started climbing mid morning. I called the doctor after it got to 104.5, but then I called my parents to come quickly when it was 106. My dad took Sofia and me to the ER and Oresti met us there. They gave her a dose of tylenol and then got an IV in her to take blood, and to give her a dose of antibiotics in case it was bacterial. Poor baby did not enjoy that, it was awful to see her in pain. The blood and urine so far is not showing anything, so they are now assuming it is a virus. I think that's good news, it sounded like they were more concerned that it was bacterial. With a virus, it just needs to run its course. She was cool all night thankfully, so we'll see how she is today. Would you please pray for her and also pray that no one else gets it.

Thankyou!

6 comments:

Maryann said...

I will pray she is better soon. How scary for you guys! Hope all is better soon!

Maryann said...

I will pray she is better soon. How scary for you guys! Hope all is better soon!

Amber L. said...

Poor Sofia! I will pray for her to get better soon. I know Chloe is a high fever kid too. Even for the minor viruses.

Sarah said...

so scary when they're so little, Amber's right, my girls get high fevers too, we've seen 106 before with Chloe, usually a shallow warm bath gets them down the best and Motrin (Ibuprofen) works way better for fevers than Tylonal in our experience, but I'm sure everyone is different. We'll keep praying for health and healing before your visit. Love you!

Aunt Melanie said...

So scary and sad for little Sofia after just getting over her tummy bug:( I am praying right now! Love you all!

ktemom@yahoo.com said...

jbbkgbI am so sorry about sweet Sofia. Just now read about it, and hope that things are still getting better. I just hope Mira doesn't come down with it. She is the only one who hasn't, isn't she? Your sweet little family, and especially Sofia are in our prayers. I know that has to be scary. On the other hand, you are a great little mommy, Katie!