Monday, June 14, 2010

Baking Day

Now that I have a baking stone and a pizza peel (which is a wooden board used to slide bread and pizza onto and off of the hot stone) I have been baking every day! {not pizza everyday because that wouldn't be healthy} We usually do homemade pizza on Fridays and then I bake one or two loaves everyday. You may be asking yourselves, how in the world does she have time for this?! I could lie and just say, oh I'm just that amazing! But I guess I shouldn't lie. . . I have found a ridiculously easy way to have fresh, bakery style bread everyday! One of my cousins introduced me to this fabulous book, Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day! So, go check it out on Amazon (they had the best price). It has really changed my life {bread lovers will understand this}. I have been slaving over bread baking for years and lately have only had the energy to bake about 1 day a week, UNTIL NOW! Okay, I'll stop now, just go check out that book, you won't be sorry. Here's some examples of my pizza. oh and by the way, Oresti made my wooden board {a pizza peel} for me! How cool is that. I don't have current photos of it, but the other night he burned into the handle the name "Mama K. Metka":) Makes me smile.














2 comments:

Amber L. said...

Very cool. Now you and Tommy can talk pizza making when you are here. He has been into homemade pizza'a lately. He really wants an outdoor oven, but that will have to wait a little while. We are so looking forward to your visit here in just a few days.
See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Your little ladies are beautiful!!! When you get over to Greece again let me know - I would love to meet up and have a good catch up with you!

Menna xxxxx