Thursday, July 22, 2010

South Padre!

Even though it was a few short days ago that we came back from the beach, it feels like so long ago! We had the pleasure of vacationing with my family at South Padre, TX which is an island off the coast of Texas, almost in Mexico. The weather was perfect, it's never too hot down there. We stayed at a condo right on the beach so there was only a short walk each day to the water, perfect when you are toting many little ones, beach toys, blankets, diaper bag, umbrella, etc.
Luli had a blast wallowing in the sand. I use the word "wallowing" because that's exactly what it looked like. She would lay down in the wet sand and roll around and do summer saults. She loved the beach!
The twins also enjoyed themselves. Sofia took to the water right away. It took Mira a bit more convincing (and dunkings) to finally enjoy herself in the salty water. But soon enough they were both splashing and playing. With Mira's fish belly white skin though, we kept her mostly in the shade.
Here's most of the photos, I still may have a few more to share.



By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!








































I love that gummy smile!

































of course there was fighting over the same toy but what else is new









*sigh* this is the best one I could get of the three girls. No one was in the mood for photos, the sun was in their eyes, and the sand was too enticing. Oh well, there's always next year.




























I love this photo of Luli playing with my parents.























who's chubby belly is this? Oresti thought it was Mira, but he was wrong! Sweet Sofia is getting to be quite the chub!











Sofia got a little too rough for Mira






























And last but not least, sweet Mira with a pink flower headband. If you want to see more of this series, go check out my photo blog

3 comments:

Aunt Melanie said...

Such a big summer for your little family! You've been making some precious memories I'm sure:) Love the pics of your island girls!

Easley Adventures said...

Cute pictures!! And the one of me and Greg on your photo blog is great. (: Thanks for taking some of us!

Sarah said...

those girls are just edible! Seriously, I have fantasies of biting their little chubby arms! Ha ha! I'm so glad you guys got this getaway, I'm sure it was a special time.
Love, Sarah