Laiki is the Greek word for outdoor market. Luli and I decided to head up the street to buy some leeks, eggplant and 5 potatos. That's right, 5. But the farmer thought I meant 5 kilos! So as he was loading up a big bag of potatos I stopped him and said (in Greek) only 5! He looked confused and repeated, 5 kilos! I kept saying no, only 5 and finally he understood. But he looked at the other shopper and said something in Greek and gave me a look of disbelief that I could only want 5 potatos. Greeks eat a lot here and when you don't buy in bulk they think you're strange. However, I was carrying Luli in the sling and I didn't think I could manage more potatos. This was really my first time to use the sling. I had put her in it a few times in the house but she didn't seem to like it. Then I got the advice to use it when I'm walking, and I discovered that is the trick. She likes it as long as I keep moving. And its so great! It doesn't hurt my arms or back and I have my hands free!
Luli has almost found her thumb. She will put it in her mouth but not really keep it or suck on it much.

No comments:
Post a Comment