Baby, its cold outside! And also inside! This house just has trouble keeping the heat in. Our windows are thin and cracked, so there's a breeze in the living room. Our furnace doesn't work so we're left with just the electric boxes which only keep you warm if you're sitting on them. Plus, for some reason our fuses keep burning. Our power goes off at least twice a week. Last night it happened just as I was preparing tea on the stove, and Oresti was changing Luli's diaper. I began fumbling around the kitchen feeling for the lighter, I found it and was trying to find my way to the desk where I knew there was a candle, but then I heard my tea starting to boil over so I fumbled back to the kitchen to rescue the tea. then I began again to get a candle and finished changing Luli while Oresti went to look at the fuse. So, we can't run 2 things at once while the heaters are on I guess. I had the stove on and I was heating up the waterheater. One at a time from now on!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Brrrr!
Baby, its cold outside! And also inside! This house just has trouble keeping the heat in. Our windows are thin and cracked, so there's a breeze in the living room. Our furnace doesn't work so we're left with just the electric boxes which only keep you warm if you're sitting on them. Plus, for some reason our fuses keep burning. Our power goes off at least twice a week. Last night it happened just as I was preparing tea on the stove, and Oresti was changing Luli's diaper. I began fumbling around the kitchen feeling for the lighter, I found it and was trying to find my way to the desk where I knew there was a candle, but then I heard my tea starting to boil over so I fumbled back to the kitchen to rescue the tea. then I began again to get a candle and finished changing Luli while Oresti went to look at the fuse. So, we can't run 2 things at once while the heaters are on I guess. I had the stove on and I was heating up the waterheater. One at a time from now on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
God Bless You! I hope that the weather warms up soon for you guys. Sounds like you are having chilly challenges, but you all still look happy!!
Post a Comment