Well, I started having mild contractions early Monday morning, but we weren't sure if it was the real thing because all the week before I was having irregular contractions. But these started getting more and more regular, every 5-6 minutes apart in the morning. Then Oresti came home early from work and they were every 4 minutes and starting to get uncomfortable. But I wanted to stay at home as long as possible. So, we went for a short walk and they started coming every 2 minutes apart and were very painful so we thought I must be close so we packed up and went to the hospital around 6pm. They checked me in the emergency room and said I was 1 centimeter but the nurse still admitted me. When I was taken up to labor and delivery, the nurse up there said she would have sent us home to wait a little while longer. I wish they would have because it was awful laying down with the monitors on. I had all the contractions in my lower back and they were very close together but I wasn't that far along. Finally the nurse said I could go out to the waiting room and walk with Oresti. So, Oresti and I walked the halls until midnight. They checked me again and I was only 4 centimeters, but in a lot of pain. Then the doctor broke my water and things sped up and Luljeta was born at 2am! They brought her out to see Oresti right away and I got to see her for a little bit but then they took her away while I got patched up. I didn't get out of there until 2 in the afternoon because they were waiting for a bed for me in the maternity ward.
All in all, it was a good experience in the greek hospital:) My doctor was there and he was great, very kind. And the nurses that were with me spoke English and were so nice. Thank you all for praying for me!
The stay in the hospital was fine. Our Luljeta was the smallest baby, so she was referred to as the Mikrouli (greek for tiny). But it just happens to go with her nickname, Luli Mikrouli:)
And now we're home and just getting to know this little person. She's not too fussy, although nighttime is difficult because she seems to be more awake then and not really satisfied with anything. But I'm sure we'll get the hang of everything.
Here are some more pictures.

3 comments:
Oh guys! She's just beautiful! We are so happy for you and send our biggest congratulations your way! Is there anything you are needing for her? We'll get a package to you soon.
Love, Sarah
Luli's absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!! How do you pronounce her full name? I'm so glad to hear everything went well and that you had English-speaking nurses!
Love, ~Kirstin
What a beautiful baby girl. I am trying to figure out who she looks like. I think she has Oresti's mouth and maybe your eyes katie. Who knows. They change so much after they are born. Either ways she is just a cutie. Katie, I am glad you had a good experience. I was definitely praying for you. She will get her days and nights straight eventually. They just sleep all the time at first and it always seams like they choose to be awake more at night. For now just sleep when she sleeps. Take care of yourself and I will talk to you soon.
Lots of Love,
Amber
Post a Comment