We had a doctor's appointment yesterday evening. Our appointment was suppose to be at 7pm, so we got there around 6:45, however, we didn't see the doctor until 9:30! And there weren't even that many women waiting, so I'm not sure why they were so backed up.
So, first they had me go to another part of the hospital to have the baby monitored by those sensors and the belt (I'm not sure what you call that). But Oresti wasn't allowed in with me (they're so crazy here about husbands), so I was feeling nervous. Then the nurse left me alone in there and a weird beeping sound went off, so that was making me more nervous. Then all of the sudden I heard all these people yelling and screaming and I thought something really serious was going on, like someone coming in with guns. I started yelling for Oresti, but he didn't hear me. I started worrying that he would go try to help. I was ready to leap off the table and rip those sensors off! But then he poked his head in and told me it was a family yelling at the doctor because they wouldn't make an x-ray for their relative. They had to call the police to restrain these people! I'm not sure if all this activity messed up what they were monitoring on me, but finally the nurse came back and we went back to the waiting room.
Then the doctor did an ultrasound to check the baby and everything is fine. I'm 37 weeks but the baby is measuring at 34 weeks, so its a little on the small size, but the doctor doesn't seem worried about that. He said that I'm having lots of contractions (mostly painless ones), and the baby is in the correct position. So, we're feeling good and hoping that its not too much longer before we'll get to meet the little one.
Here's a picture of the bumper I made for the crib. We received a bumper from a friend but its for a girl and since we don't know what we're having, I wanted to be prepared. And even if it is a girl, I think I like the stripes better.

1 comment:
Hey Katie!
Cute belly. I am glad you are getting use out of that shirt. It was one of my favorites that my mom gave me. About the measurement. The ultrasounds can be off my as much as two weeks. As long as the heart rate was good and the baby is moving, he/she should be fine. I bet you are anxious to get this over and done with. I would be scared too hearing noise at the hospital. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. You could go late. Most first time moms go after there due date for some reason. I was the exeption with Tayden. If the baby truely is small, that will be good to have more time for him/her to grow. Anyway, I will be keeping you guys in my prayers these next few weeks. Cute bumper.
Love,
Amber
Post a Comment