Monday, April 30, 2007

Albania!

Here I am in front of a statue of Skenderbeg, a leader.
All the horses and donkeys had these handmade saddles on them, out of wood.
Here we are in front of a communist hero's statue
I just loved all the sheep there! Oresti and I now have plans to become sheepherders in our old age:)



everywhere in the mountains were these natural springs with the most wonderful water! At this restaurant, they just fill up your glass with this water!


I could never get tired of this view. It was amazing in person.










Oresti's aunt and uncle at their house













Here we are at a park in Tirana, the capital













Girokastra, a hilly town where Oresti spent 4 years of high school away from home.














me in front of Ali Pasha, the famous leader who was murdered by the Turks













a street in Tirana, no wonder there was so much dust there!













the playground where Oresti spent a lot of his time as a child
the view from Oresti's aunt and uncle's house.
cousins, aunt and uncles in Tirana

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a neat trip for you both! You look great, the perfect little pooch, you're just glowing! Let me know when you start feeling those little flutters.
Love, Sarah