Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Albanian Camp


Hi again, this weekend Oresti and I gathered with about 80 other believers, mostly Albanians, from all over Greece. It was a great experience to see how the Lord works in people from a tiny country in the balkans. They were so excited about praising the Lord and hearing his word. I got to join in some of the praise and worship time, but during the sermons I was helping with the kids. Amazingly I was able to communicate with them by using a little Greek, Albanian, German and some English! There were some missionary kids there from Holland who could speak English, Dutch, German, Greek and Albanian! And they were 5 years old and under! Anyway, it was a tiring but fulfilling weekend. The camp was situated right on the water and then behind it was Mount Olympus! It was so beautiful, with huge trees and cute little cabins. I met another American girl there who has lived in Albania for 4 years, but now she's in Athens working as a missionary to prostitues. She has a ministry set up there that helps them get to safe houses and go through rehab. Please keep that ministry in your prayers.

No comments: