Well, I just spent most of the evening last night in the hospital. I started having (mostly) painless contractions around 9 in the morning yesterday. I didn't really think much of them because I've been having painless contractions for the last couple of weeks. But these seemed to be coming more regularly yesterday. So finally at around 3:00 I called the doctor's office and they told me to drink lots of water, lay down and see if I'm having more than four in an hour. It was then that I realized they were coming every 4-5 minutes. So I called again and they wanted me to come in right away. Luckily Oresti was on his way home from work so we left right away. In the car the contractions were more uncomfortable and were coming every 2 minutes. We finally got to the hospital and they checked me and sure enough they were coming pretty fast (every 2 minutes and rather strong) but at least my cervix was closed. So they started an IV with liquids to see if that would help. They didn't slow down til around 10pm and I was finally discharged at 10:45pm. Needless to say we were all exhausted (especially Luli who had finally fallen asleep in her stroller).
Now I'm on strict "rest as much as you can". I guess that's not exactly bed rest but they did talk about that. For now they just want me to stay quiet and not stay on my feet too much. I'm hoping this doesn't change to full bed rest because what would I do with Luli? Even now this will be a little tough for her. But we'll figure it out. Afterall, I really don't want to meet these babies til closer to 36 weeks!
I must say this was a much more pleasant experience than my day in the hospital in Greece where a bird flew through the window into the room I was in, and instead of helping me, the nurse just closed the door to keep both me and the bird from getting out:)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
praying for you Katie! How many weeks are you now? Wish I lived near by, cause I'd take Luli for a good chunk every day if you needed me to, and I'd come over after dinner and do housework for you. You need to keep those babies in there, so just let the house be messy, keep your meals simple and rest!
Hi Katie!
I just found your blog through Jasmine. Wow! We are at your service and ready NOW for whatever you need. Please take advantage of us cause that's why we're here - to help one another. Our Parish is good for meals and housecleaning. I know child care may be a bit more tricky since you might not know some folks who may volunteer. But we can work on that. I will volunteer our Mary Kate right now if you want someone to come and stay in your home with you and play with Luli, make ya'll lunch and do some light housework. She will be 15 in November, is homeschooled and though she has a heavier schedule this year, is flexible to help out.
We are definitely praying for you. I will be calling you soon to see what we can do to serve you all. I'll put out a prayer request for you to our parish as well as the church if that is okay with you.
Our home number is, 512-926-9336. We are just down 290 from you in Austin and are a call away.
Love and prayers,
Lisal McDDonald
I'll be thinking about all of you! Take care of yourself. Lots of love!
Wow Katie! I'm glad you are home now. My friend who is pregnant with her second set of twins has also been in ptl. She is 33 weeks and they are trying to hold her off until 35 weeks. Anyway, definitely take it easy. You're about 30 weeks right? Hopefully your mom will be able to help out with Luli some. I'm sure she will. I'll be praying for you guys. Keep baking little babies!
Love ya!
Praying for, you, Luli and the little ones. Take advantage of all the help you can get!! Like Sarah said, let the house be messy, keep meals simple and rest!! Also, I won't forget to pray for Oresti. I know he is a great husband and Babi and he will pick up extra slack too!! Blessings!!
Katie, are you behaving yourself? I hope so! We are all praying for fully cooked babies. Take advantage of any help that comes your way - you know you would do the same for them:):) Sometimes it's hard to be on the receiving end of TLC, but you HAVE TO KEEP YOUR FEET UP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! Love you!!
Post a Comment