Well, since we know this is our last summer here, we're really trying to take advantage of the beaches. We have been going every Sunday right after church and then we go in the evenings during the week sometimes. Not to swim usually but just to sit by the water. That is one thing I'm really going to miss. Here in no time at all you are by the water.
Last Sunday a big group of us from church went to the beach. It was a great day of just laying around and going swimming. It was a fun mix of singles, married couples and married couples with kids. But just observing everyone, I realized how much more enjoyable it was to the people without kids. The parents were constantly running after little ones who couldn't swim but were throwing themselves in the water at every chance. I guess seeing all this has given me bouts of panic attacks about the changes that are going to happen to Oresti and me soon. Are we ready to give up our carefree days? But after talking to Oresti about it, I feel so much calmer about it. He reminded me it really is different when they are your own kids. Maybe it is hard work keeping them out of harm, but you're doing it because they are your gift from God and you delight in them every day. Hmmm, I panic all the time and Oresti calmly brings me back to sanity:) We're a good mix.

No comments:
Post a Comment