Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hi from Greece!

Hi everyone, I'm so excited! We finally got the internet at home!! It only took a month for it to come, which is good around here, some others we know got it after 2 months. Its so much better than going out to the internet cafes and sitting among teenage boys shouting at eachother while playing video games and smoking like crazy.
So, not much is new with us. We're slowly getting things done around the house. A few weeks ago I painted a mural on the wall which was a lot of fun to do. I'd never done anything like that before so I freaked out a couple of times, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.
My language lessons are going well, I'm in greek school mondays and thursdays, I'm tutoring a woman in English on tuesdays and she's helping me with my Albanian. Then about every other evening we go to Oresti's parents so I only hear Albanian there and now Oresti and I are going to try only speaking Albanian for one day a week so I learn faster! I'm starting to understand a lot of Albanian and I can answer questions, but I can't come up with the words to start a conversation.
Well, here's some pictures, hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Katie! You painted that??? That's absolutely amazing! I love your updates. It's so great not only being able to hear about what's going on, but seeing it too! :) Please say 'Pershendetje' to Oresti for me! Elpizo pou eisai kala. Can't wait to see you two in June. :)